Headphones question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhaleProof

Baseband Member
Hello all! Forgive me if this isn't the right forum (it's related to audio so I figured I'd post it here)!

I'm looking to buy a nice pair of head phones - actually, I really want a nice set of EAR BUDS but if I can find a really nice pair of headphones really cheap I'd be willing to swing that way...

I wanna spend about $100 to $150 on the ear buds/head phones . . . I remember hearing about these amazing ear buds on Tech TV BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT THEY WERE CALLED! :(

Can you audiophiles hook me up with some sites or some suggestions. You guys can probably find the phat deals and know the places to buy better than I do. Help!

Those were the ones I was thinking about.

Anyone wanna tell me the advantages/disadvantages between ear buds and head phones?

Earbuds:
Compact, less expensive

Headphones:
Better sound (especially bass), better noise cancellation

Can you recommend some good headphones in that price range?

I want something that delivers amazing sound for my iPod (this will be my primary use, 2ndary will be on my computer's horrible 8 dollar speakers lol).

Here's 2 from the same company for $159 (hopefully thats still ok):

These have a little more clarity of sound:
http://www.akg.com/products/powerslave,mynodeid,186,id,254,pid,254,_language,EN.html

These are a little more loud:
http://www.akg.com/products/powerslave,mynodeid,186,id,254,pid,254,_language,EN.html

Those two seem pretty comparable, with slight differences in sound clarity and loudness.

Also, if you have really bad speakers, maybe connect the headphones right to the jack on the computer rather than through any jacks on the speakers.

The major disadvantage to earbuds is if they don't fit right, your ear will hurt after about 20 minutes.

Oh, something important, I want ear buds that have no noise from the cord hitting shit, I plan on using it with my iPod while walking runnin etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom