headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam

Beta member
hi, i like to have the music loud on my computer, but i am not allowed because no-one can hear the tv. i have tried plugging some headphones into the front of my pc next to the disk drive but it doesn't cut out the sound. is there a way to make the headphones work? please help
:confused:

I suppose you could try new headphones which cover the ears, Sennheiser make some of the best, and they come with 1/4 and 1/8 jack plugs

no, no, no.

The reason it isnt cutting off the sound is because you plugging them in to the CDROM headphone jack, go in the back of the computer and plug them into the headphone jack or even just unplug the speakers and plug the headphones in there.

I kind of solved that problem... and still blast my tunage when nobody is home.... I got a splitter and patched the comp to my sony. That way I also don't have to worry about cords wrapped around from the back of the comp that are being moved all the time. Even the cheapest set of comp speakers should have a headphone jack in them now. I picked up a set of hotwheel speakers from walmart last year for $3... pretty decent sound actually... but I only bother hooking those up if I'm playing a game and still want to listen to cds...

Like the other guy said in here, get a nice pair of Sennheiser headphones. I had a wrap around the ear set, they were like $250 for them, but i got them much cheaper online. They sound incredible, have nice bass and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom