Headphone to line-out

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGM

Baseband Member
Hello guys, let's bore you with another question! :)

I would like to know if it's possible to:
Use my new Alarmclock's (with CD player) headphone plug, use a lineout cable to plug it into my amp which runs to 2 very nice speakers (KeFF speakers, about 40 years old, but able to shake to whole house).

Would there be a way (or device that I can slam together from simple parts) so that I can normalise the output to a lineout signal?

Cheers,
EGM

Most likely NOT from simple parts. There's a difference in technologies there. Try best-buy they will help you out.

That would require a direct box, but theres none made that would work for that, unless you bought a bunch of different adapters to work with your cables and jacks on your amp and alarm clock. It would probably be more trouble than its worth.

EGM said:

Use my new Alarmclock's (with CD player) headphone plug, use a lineout cable to plug it into my amp which runs to 2 very nice speakers (KeFF speakers, about 40 years old, but able to shake to whole house).

Would there be a way (or device that I can slam together from simple parts) so that I can normalise the output to a lineout signal?

Cheers,
EGM

what are you asking?

Line-Out from my alarm clock
|
------------^------------
Something that can change the signal to normal line-out
------------V-------------
|
Normal Amp

why isn't the line out normal now? I trying to figure out what you are saying. I can probably help you.

Heh, sorry guys, seems like it was no problem at all..

I asked this because last time I accidently plugged my headphone into the lineout of my Discman instead of my headphones plug, that mistake almost killed my headphone (and my ears for that matter). Since I was using somewhat more expensive speakers now, I'd thought to ask you first, but as I said, there's no problem this time.

Thanks for the help though,

EGM out

EGM said:

Cheers,
EGM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes, you can do just that. The headphone-out signal is a higher voltage than a typical line-out signal, but you can compensate for that by turning down the volume control on the CD Player/alarm clock. Set it at no more than about 20% to start with and then work up from there. Plug the other end into a line-in or aux-in on your amp. Love KEF speakers. I have the Uni-Q 70s , about 10 years old.

Mine are about 40 years old, but still make the house shake (and the neighbours complain, IF I would want them too ;)) they produce good sounds, and they even look nice (just a cube, nothing fancy, blackwood).

I wont turn them in for anything else :)

EGM said:
Mine are about 40 years old, but still make the house shake (and the neighbours complain, IF I would want them too ;)) they produce good sounds, and they even look nice (just a cube, nothing fancy, blackwood).

I wont turn them in for anything else :)

I'm curious. which model do you have? I didn't realize you was talking about Kef at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom