Headphone Guide - READ BEFORE POSTING !

Status
Not open for further replies.
quite an interesting read,good job. Sticky?

Thanks

I wish ;)

I'll PM you in a minute, was just making some alterations to this thread.

+1 for sticky
I was looking into audio technica too last week
AKGs just look so much expensive than A. Technica heh

Thanks.

AKG sound different to A Technica, AKG offer more detail at a lower price, A Technica offer more bass texture and midrange at a lower price. However the W5000 is better than all AKG's in every way, and when powered by a valve amp ($1500 setup..) I'd like to think they bring you close to the awe inspiring Stax Omega 2's.

Topic Stickied by request. Thank you Oreo for the addition of information. ;) Also Oreo got your DOUBLE POST...

Apok i understand why people dont want or need Bose. I just felt it would be good to have in there to explain to people why Bose is not good. Instead of just having a statement saying not to get it. ;)

I know that they use some sort of tricks to make it sound better by reflecting the sound 100x within itself to make it sound like it isnt. Just wanted that information added for clarification.

Cheers,
Mak

Thanks once more to everyone, i will hopefully continue to update this Guide as i listen to more headphones.

Topic Stickied by request. Thank you Oreo for the addition of information. ;) Also Oreo got your DOUBLE POST...

Apok i understand why people dont want or need Bose. I just felt it would be good to have in there to explain to people why Bose is not good. Instead of just having a statement saying not to get it. ;)

I know that they use some sort of tricks to make it sound better by reflecting the sound 100x within itself to make it sound like it isnt. Just wanted that information added for clarification.

Cheers,
Mak

bose uses some psyco-acoustic manipulation (eq and time alignment) to give it a great sound to a person that doesn't know about good sound. these people will tire of listening to them fairly quickly. they have never been accurate.

which is why you will never see them in a hi-fi magazine. when they are there, they get dogged

Aiight I'm big into recording and I would like to know some headphones yall would refer to me. I want the headphones to be flat so i can edit the songs purely and i want the headphones to have good sound staging. also i would like the same pair of headphones to not leak AT ALL so i could record but if it would be better to have a different pair i'd like advice on how to not leak ANY sound so i can get the most pure recording, if i have to get a new pair for recording i want them to be enhanced with good sound staging and good EQ mix, but make sure NO sound leakage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom