HeadPhone Compare & Contrast

Status
Not open for further replies.

CajunGumboKilla

Solid State Member
Hey, I'm new to the forums and I need some input. Do you believe SkullCandy's Skullcrusher headset is a better gaming headset compared to Altec Lansing's AHS502i headset. I'm thinking of going w/ the Altec Lansing since I havent heard much of SkullCandy in the gaming industry nor anywhere else; plus they seem like music headsets. I could be wrong......:confused:

I'm looking for a nice headset w/ outside sound reduction, high quality bass, high frequency dynamic drivers of around 30-40mm, auxiliary opptions, ergonomical ear cushions.
If there r any other suggestions on an alternative headset please fell welcomed to answer; I would appreciate the help.

How much are you willing to spend? If you can spare $200, I couldn't recommend highly enough the Beyerdynamic DT770 headphones. They have excellent sound quality throughout the entire audible range (they are considered professional studio headphones). They have the some of the best bass extension (goes loowwww with power, 30hz at low-mid volume is very audible) out of any headphones in any price range, only a few will compare, and will be much more expensive. The detail of sound these things produce is amazing. You won't EVER miss ANYTHING. That goes for gaming, music, dvds, everything. I love them for gaming. Equally awesome for music. They have 18db of passive noise cancellation. Once you have any sound going, even low power, most outside noises are completely inaudible. With a moderate to high volume, only LOUD noises will come through. As in, someone screaming at you lol. Very comfy to wear with nice ear cushioning. They're supposed to be built like tanks as well. I've had mine for just about 7-8 months and no problems, though I try not to test the durability too often. They will probably last... forever (or close enough :p).

Thanks for the input, but, I'm on a limited amount of money. I'm looking for a good gaming headset at the most of $70. So, if anyone has any opinions or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it for guidance.^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom