hdmi not working on my HTPC cant figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
heres the setup
foxconn netbook nt525 with 1 gig of ram and 300 gb drive.
i installed windows home pro everything went smooth and great.
installed all the drivers and updates etc SP1...
downloaded and installed all the drivers from foxxcon webpage.
everything works great im very happy with the 1920x1080 resolution through DVI port(blue plug, im surprised my tv has it lol)

but cannot get it to work through HDMI.
even though the 1920x1080 resolution looks great and sharp the graphics baloon popup keeps saying that suggested resolution os 1380x980 or something like that.
i switched to that resolution and still no hdmi out.

i have marantz NR1501 as a passthrough for all my HDMI gadgets and it worked fine.
i have the dvd player 1080p hooked up
freeagent theater plus hooked up to other port and both worked without a hitch.

i unplug the dvd player and plug it into HTPC and nothing there no sound or video.

i plugged it in straight to the tv and still nothing.
tried different settings and stil nothing.

in sound settings i select HDMI as default audio output i can see the sound meter moving in the settings screen so theres sound playing but nothing is going out of it.
checked the realtek control panel and all the panels related to video and audio and theres nothing i can find to make it work

BTW HTPC is like bruce lee on crack compared to all the dvd players and media players that i had lol. so much more options.

and having a bada5s HD wallpaper is very nice instead of watching those preset backgrounds.

IMAG0969.jpg

ok now i got some progress.

the native resolution of my LG lcd tv is 1360x768 im running it at max res.1920x1080 which looks better than native and more screen space.

i had to switch to dual monitor in order to enable HDMI output.

once i did that the resolution dropped on both wich i didnt like, everything looks grainy and crappy like going back to windows 95 PC.

but everything worked good, the sound worked, video worked.

now when i switch back to monitor output to the tv and set AUDIO output through HDMI theres no audio going to the receiver.
the receiver is set to accept HDMI audio but nothing there.

is there any way to tell if the hdmi port on netbook nt525 supports audio output? it uses Realtek ALC888S and so far i havent found a solution that works.
its already set at default hdmi everywhere i could find. i went to realtek webpage and tried their most up to date driver and nothing.

it has audio when the monitor output is switched to HDMI. meaning i get full signal or none at all...

i switch display output to monitor #2 and automatically the receiver picks it up and i got video and audio.

i switch it back to monitor#1 which is the rgb output and neither hdmi video or audio is present anymore.
even when HDMI is selected as default audio output on sound card options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom