HD Pvr Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Napster

In Runtime
I just got a dish HD pvr/receiver and have recorded some Hi-def shows on it. I was wondering if there is a way to get those shows from the pvr on to my PC with minimal loss in quality. I have a Tv tuner, and most people say to just record with that, but i find that it seriously degrades the image quality when i use it, and i am wanting to capture the fullness of high definition.

(I havnt actually tried my tv tuner card yet with the pvr, but im speaking from experience with my normal satilite receiver and mini dv video camera, i will try it when i get the time to)

just wondering if there was another way to do this..............

there is a usb connection in the back of it, im not sure what it is there for though. It is the big end like on a computer though, i have a cable like that anyways.

I know that with some companies, they disable the firewire or usb ports as to prevent pirating of TV shows/movies.

As for a TV tuner, I don't know if you can get one with DVI/HDMI/Component inputs, because that is what you would need to transfer High Definition content. S-Video, coax, and RCA will not carry HD.

that was my first plan of action, but it would void my warranty.

Plus its actually my dads receiver and he would get real poed if i started taking it apart. (he thinks im stupid with this stuff)

alright, this is a totally new question. I found a couple HD tuners at newegg and i really like this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815100140

my question is (since I dont know very much about these) do you just hook t cohexial line that usually hooks into the dish receiver into the back of the tuner card and the tuner card acts the same as the dish receiver? because there is no dvi/hdmi/vga etc. input on it, so i was just wondering if you just plug it into the wall and go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom