Having a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRUCEG

Baseband Member
I have my freinds comp here and he is having trouble getting his sound to work. Well all the drivers for his audio is installed and updated...nothing is wrong. Well when i go to control panel/sounds,speech,audio devices/ and i click adjust the system volume it is saying that there is no audio device...wtf do i do?
thanks

at the back of ur comp, did u plug the wires to the sound card?
clik control panel-->sound devices-->select ur sound card

Try and find the device in control panel -> system -> hardware -> device manager if you can't see it then it is either faulty or not put in correctly - if you can see it but it has a ? next to it then try and select it and go up to the button with 'action' on at the top then select uninstall - then press action again and select 'scan for hardware changes' and it should say found new hardware - if it still appears with a ? then maybe the drivers weren't installed properly - u could try re-installing them and the only other thing i can think of it that the onboard graphics might still be enabled in the bios - hope this helps

Ive been having this problem and I have finnally found the solution!!!
Go To COntrol Panel-->Performance/Maintnance-->Administrative Tools-->Services and scroll down to shell hardware detection and right click to start the service. That worked for me and it should work for you too I hope!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom