Havin trouble playing .mkv x264 files

Status
Not open for further replies.

miscreant918

Beta member
I cant play mkv x264 files on any of my many video players (WMP, VLC, KMP, VMC, etc.)

This is my first time posting in a forum and i need help badly. I have a dell dimension 5150 p4 3.06ghz Win32 XP with 2.5g ram and a 8800 gt overclocked gpu. I have been on forum after forum looking at other posts from people having the same problem but with different setup. None have helped me any.

Hello,

Google for one of the following Codec packs.

KLite, Vista Codec Pack, CCCP, AC3Filter.

1 or 2 of them should allow you to play the files in VLC.

Cheers,
Mak

I have tried all of those codec packs except the vista im running xp pro

The video seems to be lagging but not the audio, some codecs get them more synced than others but none totally.

Hello,

The Vista Codec Pack works on XP as well. What else do you have running? What are your system specs?

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

Need to know what type of Processor you have. Need to know how much RAM you have. Need to know what other software you have running while you are trying to play these movies. Need to know what antivirus software you have. Need to know your video card type and if it is capable of plyaing HD content. Need to know if your monitor is DRM encoded.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

Need to know what type of Processor you have. Need to know how much RAM you have. Need to know what other software you have running while you are trying to play these movies. Need to know what antivirus software you have. Need to know your video card type and if it is capable of plyaing HD content. Need to know if your monitor is DRM encoded.

Cheers,
Mak

dimension 5150 3.06 ghz P4 2.5gb ram 8800 gt oc 80gb hdd I have uninstalled all codecs besides wichever i am trying at the time and software with built in codecs like powere dvd my antivirus is zonealarm although i have tried shutting it down before trying playback (didnt help) and my monitor is a 720p 60hz HDTV. Also my cpu usageg is about 60% during playback.

the sm player didnt work but thanx anyway. i have downloaded about 7-8 of these movies from graboid.com 1 of them works but the rest do not im starting to think it might just be the files themselves. im going to try downloading more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom