guitar connecting to computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I have my guitar connected to my connector via audio cable from guitar to pedal, then audio cable from pedal to line in of computer. The problem I have is that the sound only comes out of one speaker or the left side of my headphone. I also tried connecting the audio cable to the mic in. Still the same. How do I get the sound to come out of both speakers or both sides from the headphone? It's weird because with my bro's computer, I can hear sound from both speakers, using the same cables and stuff.

I dunno, but doesnt a guitar play in mono. Maybe his system has something set to force stereo mode or just play the eact same thing through both speakers.

Yea a guitar plays in mono, but I think you got that idea about playing the exact same thing through both speakers. I just want to know how to do it on mine.

Lol yea...I heard of him before. We must shine the EricB signal, just like in batman haha..

in the speaker config program that came with my sound card there is a "force stereo from mono" check box for the mic.

Where do I find this force stereo from mono? My onboard sound is Realtek HD Audio.

your problem is because one of the connectors is stereo, but you're using a mono signal. this usually sends the signal to the left channel. what program are you using to record your guitar? most programs have the option to record in stereo or in mono. or you can pan the track to the center after you've recorded it.

your other choice would be to run a 1/4" instrument cable out into a mixer that has a mono input. then output from the mixer to the soundcard. (the mixer would have stereo output, but since the signal going into the mixer is mono, it'll send the same signal to both channels, but 1/2 = mono).

you have lots of options here, but all of them will require buying SOMETHING. check at your local radioshack or music shop for a 1/4" mono to 1/8" stereo adaptor. that'll do it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom