Grr... Been at this all day and night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
So, I have finaly gotten my xbox 360 setup as a media extender for my room, well all my DVDs have been ripped to my PC as .vob files, each DVD has multiple .vob files, is there any way to combine all these files into one large file so I can convert it over to avi/wmv...

Reason being is because if I convert each piece I will have to watch 30 min of movie, then go back and select the next section and I would rather them all be one big file...

I dont know if there is a way. I know there are programs out there to rip DVD's straight to .avi files but i have never seen a application out there to combine VOB files to prepare for ripping.

Maybe something in the Recommended Software thread will help?

I've downloaded everything listed just about... Grr this is gonna be a pain, tried to combine them in windows movie maker, but it freaks out because they are multilangual and it sees it as several hundred hours worth of a movie... Can you list one of them programs that will rip straight to .avi??? I am trying to bypass the menu screen and such so... But yea, I have been at this for so long im getting a headache... and another pack of cigs... grr... lol

DVDFab can rip a DVD straight to AVI. From what i know Nero can do it as well from what Eric says. I think it is Recode?

Well most dont like DVDFab from what i gather. But i have used it and it has worked for me in the past. So i dont argue.

If is encryption it wont bother me any... dvd43 has so far helped me with that issue when using dvd decrypter and newer movies... I am just hoping to get these to be decent quality AVI files so i can stream them to my 360...

So... Finaly got DVDFab downloaded and I can't figure out how to get it to let me rip straight to AVI... it only lets me select ISO???

Edit: Nevermind, I found sometime in the DVD To Mobile section... Gonna experiment with that since it has a selection for the 360...

Edit 2: Ok so after several attempts to get the AVI files to .wmv or to rip straight to .wmv the program crashs.... Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom