Grado RS1i Vs Grado 325i Headphone Review

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
OK. I have listened to my RS1i for a few days now....I love them and have had a hard time taking them off of my head......25 minutes late to supper last night as I kept saying one more song.....wifey was getting alittle annoyed with me.

I will try to tell of some of the differences that I have noticed with the RS1i compared to my 325i

I am not all the great at explaining this stuff, so I apologize in advance if I do not explain it very well.....I will try to do my best.

I am not for certain if these RS1i are burned in or not....I was told they had about 60-100 hours of play time....so maybe they are and maybe they are not.

The RS1 is alittle lighter in weight than the 325....I can tell the differnce, but it is really not much and I have never found my 325's uncomfortable except for when they were brand new...I do have small ears so I assume this helps with the comfort for me.

I basically only listen to Rock and classic rock, so take that in consideration when I say something. Also all music has been high quality Flac Files.

The RS1i has been a true pleasure for the couple of days that I have owned them.

I have basically listen to:

Beatles...Neil Young....Pink Floyd...Eagles...AC/DC....Aerosmith...Tom Petty.....Joe Walsh...Led Zeppelin....Cars....Robert Plant.....You get the picture.

RS1i
Warmer sound than my 325....wooden cups ?

More balanced than my 325...more refined with just alittle better bass

Mids seem really fast and responsive

Less Treble....not as bright....maybe the wooden cups?

The soundstage is alittle bigger than my 325

I like them alot so far, they will probably be a better all round headphone than my 325....I feel front row center stage on EVERY album I have listened too.

325i
More in your face sound.....I know they are too bright for alot of people....but I love it! They get alittle calmer the longer you listen and after burn in, which takes awhile....

More agreesive with more treble...but I like that...it is definitely not a bad thing for me..

The 325 sound more open ...at least I think they do.

I wonder how much different the metal cups vs the wooden cups actually makes between these two headphones.

I love them both I dont know if i will get rid of my 325l's or not....I figured I would, and I still may...but it is too early to tell so at this point and time they are surviving.

I do know that if these RS1i's keep sounding better and better the more i use them that I am going to be extremely happy.

Anybody have any more info on if the cups make much difference in the sound....like from metal to wood.....because it has me wondering about the plastic cups that I have really not listened too.

I will report back as I listen some more and if the sound changes in the RS1i's....like i said the 325i's seems to just sound better and better all the time....hopefully the RS1i's will do the same.

I hope you can at least understand about half of what I am trying to say, I am in no way an expert on sound....just trying to say what I hear, and it is kind of hard to explain.

Also....any AC/DC fans....check this out
AC/DC - Live At River Plate 2011 (Full Concert 1/2) [HD] - YouTube

Last edited:
Downloaded the program, very small....but i really have no idea what I am doing with it....lol

Just run the test and post a screen shot that looks like this. BTW I have my 930s next to me but have been taking care of a bunch of stuff.

sound.jpg

Dont know what's wrong here...I get recording level is too low error...says raise it in your mixer....lol

I hit the middle speaker button in bottom left corner...it says playing back test and finishes...but I do not get any results

Back
Top Bottom