Good & User-Friendly Audio Editing Software Recommendation Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevenor

In Runtime
Searched forum and found the following software mentioned: Audacity, Cool Edit, Audition, etc. Which is the best in term of features and ease of use.

Thanks for your feedback.

EricB said:
I use cool edit pro. you can't go wrong with any of them

Thx Eric!
Generally speaking, what's the ideal system spec for using these softwares so that the pc won't hang during editing?

Sevenor said:
Thx Eric!
Generally speaking, what's the ideal system spec for using these softwares so that the pc won't hang during editing?

Cool Edit Pro is older software and will run on virtually and PII system and above.

Before I recomend software, what are your exact uses for it?

DJ-CHRIS said:
Cool Edit Pro is older software and will run on virtually and PII system and above.

Before I recomend software, what are your exact uses for it?

I want it mainly for removing background noise of voice recordings that are the result of lousy recording by amateurs. In addition, to remove glitches in the speech, to "sharpen" up the voice and to chop the recordings into tracks.

I've just tried the former and found that it kept hanging. Does that mean that my system spec is not up to par??? My pc is Pentium III 866MHz, 512MB RAM with 120GB HDD and with a low-end sound card.

Between Cool Edit Pro and Audacity, which is less processor intensive, any idea?

Thx!

how are you planning on removing clicks? Using a DC Offset plugin or manually editing the waveform?

I haven't used any of those.. i use Sonar 4 at home and Protools/Vegas (i wish i could afford them) at the studio. From what i hear, alot of people use cool edit pro. I have never seen it though.

I have personal experience with Audacity, it has had no problem for me except not loading all my media correctly. But, I have an AMD 64 2600+ 2.12Ghz Processor with 2 gigs of ram. :-/. So I couldn't tell you if your computer would work correctly. But, back on subject, Audacity is a great program but, It doesn't remove Voice from background, I don't think I have only used it about 6 times...

has anyone ever used soundforge?? i have it, but havent used anything else, so dont know how it compares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom