Good Sound Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuch130

Baseband Member
Hello All i was wondering what is a good sound card these days for gaming? Thanks for your input

What kinda sound u looking for? What speaker setup u got?
Turtle beach i hurd got some good simple sound card. SBLive 5.1 also. Then You get the higher quality/more expensive: The audigys, M-Audio,... There all good.

Currently i have a 5.1 setup, but i'm building a new comp so i'm looking for the good stuff

i'm using turtle beach santa cruz, and i've compared it to audigy 1 and 2. imo santa cruz blasts audigy 1 in every aspect, bass, mid, treble, clarity, sound field, accurate sounding. in compared with audigy 2, it should come up wih audigy 2, but when i tried dvd audio, audigy 2 shown it's 24 bit/192 khz decoding capability.

Creative Audigy ZS or something similar.

Turtle Beach is really only compared onboard audio compared to others, in aspects of noise to or from other components inside the computer.

Sure Turtle Beach is quality, but they're way behind their competetors.

i've seen some articles from some sites, but i forgot the links, sorry :). they said that turtle beach santa cruz beats audigy in audiophile aspect, u know like the clarity, etc2. they said too that audigy 24 bit decoding in not real 24 bit, cause it's resampling it from 16 bit process also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom