Good sound card for 2.1 speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovesocks

In Runtime
What's a good/the best sound card I could get for some 2.1 speakers? All these cards I've looked at talk about beautiful 5.1 and 7.1 sound, but how would you hook up 2.1's to them? I have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz right now. Is it worth replacing?

you mean the audigy 2 zs?

i was considering the audigy 2 nx, since it has a headphone jack and I use headphones quite often. do you know of any issues it has because it's USB?

you can put your 2.1 speaker setup on a 5.1 or 7.1 or whatever you have. If you have the money, go for the Audigy 2 ZS as I hear its a great card, especially if you plan on upgrading in the future.

how does the audigy 2 nx compare to the zs? i'd kind of like an external sound card, especially since it has a headphone jack.

i have an Audigy 2 zs on my computer an it works great. it works well with my zen xtra. i do kinda want the headphone jack in nx but ah i dont really need it. i have a 5.1 set up on this card.

but anyway back to the topic, i also have a creative live sound card or something like that on my other computer, its also a 5.1 card but that computer has a 2.1 set up. it doesnt matter if you have 5.1, 6.1,7.1 or 2.1, all cables will connect to the sound card just fine (they are color coded right?), its just that you wont have the surround sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom