Good - Gaming Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK i dont think i'll be gettin them right now, probably in a few months time. But i like to read up on things thats why i started looking now. And them headphones are bound to sound better than the one's i have simply becaus i dont have anny !. They best sound better than the little earphones ive got that came with my Ipod because they sound really good... an dits hard for my Z5500's to get the same quality, but im guessing theres a reason for that :).

K M A N said:
Thanks, you say it makes audio in games very positional on headphones ... Even if there stereo like the one you reccomend ?.

I have surround sound speakers anyway, so can i just disable it for speakers and let it run normally in directional audio mode like it does on my SB Live card ?

ExtremeMusic model, and your shore this is as good for gaming as there extremegamer one, i beleive you - but its Just highly ilogical :)

get these headphones, they work very well, hardly any stress or pain to the ears, trust me:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826106346

EDIT:

comes with a black fuss thingy *sry dont know what it's called* to put over the microphone to capture better sound.

I do trust you. BUT !, There half the money of the Audio Technica A700's and im an audioholic or you could call me an audiophile, if its sounds remotely worse than Good, i'll put it on ebay ;) Dont get me wrong, sennheisers are good for the majority of users. But its sound quality is not that of the A700's. I would only really be interested in Sennheisers more expensive models, but i still would prefer a more dedicated brand.

Thanks anyway.

Sennheiser is a dedicated brand. They make a LOT of high end headphones, including the HD580, HD600 and HD650. Some might also say the HD555 or HD595 but I don't think so. They are not bad but I don't consider them high end. Also used to make what many consider the best headphone ever made, the HE90, and it's little brother the HE60. They are no longer in production though.

Don't even consider the HD580, 600 or 650 for gaming, their soundstage is kind of strange and does not sound right at all for games, plus they NEED some kind of amplification to sound their best because of the 300ohm impedance.

Sennheiser makes a lot of good headphones, and also a lot of cheap ones. The PC150 falls into the cheap category.

Audio Technica also makes a lot of cheap headphones. All companies do, no headphone maker would survive only selling the flagship models.

+1 with 003.

Sennheiser is one of my favorite audio companies, and their headphones (most) are of awesome quality. A good pair that I like to recommend is the HD280's. They are going to be a more flat response, so may not be the greatest for gaming.

I'm also an audio technica customer. I have 3 pairs of headphones from them and I'm in love with all 3.

(1x) ATH-m40fs
(2x) ATH-m30

Wildside said:
comes with a black fuss thingy *sry dont know what it's called* to put over the microphone to capture better sound.

LOL... if there is one term in the audio industry that i'll never forget, its the word "furbis". Fancy name for a windscreen/pop filter. Furbis' are mainly used for outdoor recordings or windy environments, but serve the same purpose as a windscreen/pop filter.

lol, when i said dedicated brand i actually meant Very high quality. Senns...There a bit like Bose, they do make very good speakers. But that no match for companies like Acoustic Enerygy, or most of the unknown british makes who make 'outstanding speakers', and ofcourse, i own some :p ! :).

So crysalis, who would you rate better in sound quality in general, Senn's or Audio-Technica ?

So if they didnt have microphones, Audio-Technica would win on an audio quality basis ?, i hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom