Good camera for recording movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emper0r

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I'm looking for a digital camera/web cam that can record high resolution good quality movies but is reasonably priced. I'm looking to spend no more than $200.

Does anyone know of a good camera? Thanks guys.

He said digital camera/webcam with high resolution for good quality movies. I dont see you giving any suggestions either...

I know i wouldint blow $200 on a webcam of any kind, id rather save and pick up something like this:

Newegg.com - Panasonic HDC-SD9 Black/Silver High Definition Camcorder 10X Optical Zoom 700X Digital Zoom 1/6" 3CCD 2.7" 300K

This will do 640x480 at 30fps but i dont consider that high res, which is why i sugest saving for an hd cam.

Newegg.com - Canon PowerShot SD1000 Black 7.1 MP Digital Camera

it's all relative what you would call hi res and good quality right? That said you can look at some MS ones and some logitechs, but I'll just link some ms ones I am familiar with:

LifeCam VX-6000

I just recorded at 1.5m which is 1280*1024 to test...I use the vx-6k

keep this in mind...a web cam and a digital cam are different for a reason.
You can capture "decent" video with a web cam, but it will tend to have some noise, unless you make sure to light the scene well. So if you want to take good video in your office/computing room, and it's you in front, try to backlight the area behind you.

you can buy a very cheap hd camera and do some importing.
aiptek...
Welcome to Aiptek USA! Shop with us today!

it's max may be lower than my ms lifecam, but chances are its video capture will have a higher range, less noise. But you will have to go through an extra step to get the video on your pc

Any digital camera with more than 5MP will be fine. You dont need 7.1MP camera to take good quality. 5MP will give you crytal clear pics and movies. I know. I have one that does it. I take movies and pics of my baby all the time with that amera and they are just fine.

Also 640x480 is perfect for all TV sets that are not HD since that is the resolution they play at. NTSC only uses 29.9 FPS so 30 FPS is also a great resolution.

NTSC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So i dont know why you consider that no high quality. It is perfect for any North American TV. PAL format only uses 25FPS so it is higher than the UK standard.

i just dl'd and viewed that little hd clip at aiptek's site, that's a good quality and cheap hd camcorder :p

Any digital camera with more than 5MP will be fine. You dont need 7.1MP camera to take good quality. 5MP will give you crytal clear pics and movies. I know. I have one that does it. I take movies and pics of my baby all the time with that amera and they are just fine.

Also 640x480 is perfect for all TV sets that are not HD since that is the resolution they play at. NTSC only uses 29.9 FPS so 30 FPS is also a great resolution.

NTSC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So i dont know why you consider that no high quality. It is perfect for any North American TV. PAL format only uses 25FPS so it is higher than the UK standard.

I didnt pick the camera cause of the mp, i chose it because canon makes quality cameras, its under $200, and it has a decent lens. I know more mp doesnt mean better, i have a 5mp Samsung and it can take some decent video, but its not high res, at least not now with the introduction of hd, which is true high res.

If he wouldint have said high res, then i wouldint have said anything about an hd camera.

I understand that. I fully do. I was just making a general statement as to the camera and the FPS and what it would do for him on a Normal TV set. I am sorry if you think i was making a direct reference toward you. I was just simple stating that what you had suggested would work perfectly.

I understand your thoughts on the High Res and HD part. I back you up as you are right. But you dont ahve to go for a $1,000 unit to get High Res. ;)

^^ I see. well that camera was only $719, not bad for hd. I saw the aiptek one but it looks kind of cheapo, im not sure id recommend it.

640x480 @ 30fps is good though, but if he plans on making movies, i thought he would want something better. now if its just for youtube and stuff like that, thats different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom