Good 2 or 2.1 Speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdar

Daemon Poster
I am looking for something not very expensive but also something with OK/good sound.

klipsch 2.1 if you look around you might be able to find them close to a hundred dollars. I know I am selling mine right now for $75, new though they are $150 or so. They even sound better than most 5.1 systems I dunno I just like them a lot. That is if these would be in your price range.

you should clearly define your budget, and then pick the best for the price.

If the budget is about $50 (going below that is risky in terms of quality and durability)
and you look at both 2.0 and 2.1 sets I think this would be a very good choice:

Newegg.com - Creative Inspire T3100 2.1 2-way Speakers - Speakers

Creative speakers have usually a very good, balanced sound - with detailed highs and with tight bass (but there is a bass control on my set so you can tweak it anyway). Many desktop speakers give you only boomy bass and no clear highs so this is worth keeping in mind. Ignore power rating differences - they make NO difference (You need to go from 100W to 1000W to make sound twice as loud, so there is no hearable difference between e.g. 39 and 43 Watt RMS.

Good Luck

Everything 111sins said :p

One thing i would change is more powerfull speakers are better because they can use the power to there advnantage (can't think of a good way to word it) Like a car with 50hp, and a car with 100hp. One may not go faster than the other, but it has improved performance all round.

It all depends what you like. Creative speakers have a tweeter, sweeter nicer treble. Logitech have boomier bass. Creative speakers have a much more forward sound, with logitechs sounding a bit overpowering and in my opinion slightly reccessed. Never herd klipshce, so can't comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom