Giagabyte on-board sound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillGates

Banned
Ok so I've got a Gigabyte nForce 4 SLI board. Its been good to me so far never had any problems and comes with lots fo goodies. Not the greatest overclocker but I havent overclocked my CPU and probably wont for a while.

Back to the point. I've got a Sony 500 watt 5.1 surround system that I use for my computer. Ive always hooked thin up to my computer through a Sound Blaster external sound card with RCA outputs.

Well today i was just goofing around with my comp being bored and I noticed teh bright orange output on my mobo. Took me a minute to relize but then it hit me..... hey thats SPDIF!!! If any of you dont know what that is its digital audio signal.

So anyways my reciever has a SPDIF input on it so I decided to try it out. WOW.....I'm so glad I did. Its so much more clear and the difference in surround sound when watching movies is like night and day. It sounds amazing now. Also, I started looking at the sound features that came with the mobo and its got a TON of customzable features for your sound.

I just thought some people might be interested in this. If anyone else uses SPDIF tell me about it!

meh, i'll stick to my analog X-Fi connections.

But really? is there THAT much of a difference?

i use both analog & digital from my pc to the reciever and i can definetly say that the analog sounds way better when it comes to music but the digital way better when it comes to movies

jeremy said:
i use both analog & digital from my pc to the reciever and i can definetly say that the analog sounds way better when it comes to music but the digital way better when it comes to movies

I dont know why that would be. Digital audio is the same excpet with 0 noise interferance. It transfers the exact same signal except that SPDIF is immune to interferance noise.

If SPDIF wasn't good for audio then why would it be a standard for recording now?

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
meh, i'll stick to my analog X-Fi connections.

But really? is there THAT much of a difference?

It really is a pretyt big difference. My music sounds much clearer and surround sound is much more detailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom