GH5 editing 10bit files in DaVinci Resolve

texy_1601

Beta member
Hi just chasing some help regarding the GH5's 10bit files.

I'm having real trouble in the editing phase with these files. Firstly my computer ( IMAC 21.5/3.0QC/8GB/1TB/RP555) , VLC or Davinci Resolve doesn't read them. I did transcode the files to ProRes however both my computer and media players still struggled to play the file, with severe lag and stoppage.

Davinci Resolve would read the transcoded ProRes file however playback was almost impossible on my timeline. Even after optimizing media and creating proxies and reducing playback quality to 50%, it still struggled to playback in my timeline which made editing impossible.

Am I missing something? Didn't think it would be this difficult to utilize the 10bit recording feature of the GH5.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like it may just be due to lack of performance. Your iMac only has 8GB of RAM, and it doesn't have the best CPU or GPU either. I am assuming these are 4K files ?. I would expect you to be able to edit 1080P (though the lack of RAM might still make it a little painful), but if you are trying to edit 4K you need a strong PC to do it without performance issues.

Back
Top Bottom