getting sub for home hi-fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
hi guys ive just bought this sub

MORDAUNT SHORT 308-AVANT-SIL at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

but if i want to i can take it back in 14 days and get this bad boy but i cant justify spending all that cash on just a sub

MORDAUNT SHORT 309-AVANT-SIL at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

ps. also say my sub the mordaunt short 308 can do 80 watts rms and say down the line i get speakers that do 150 watts rms will my speakers cancel out the sub (cant hear the bass because the speakers are loud) if so is it worth me getting the expensiver sub the mordaunt short 309 that is 150 watt rms the same as the speakers

hi guys ive just bought this sub

MORDAUNT SHORT 308-AVANT-SIL at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

but if i want to i can take it back in 14 days and get this bad boy but i cant justify spending all that cash on just a sub

MORDAUNT SHORT 309-AVANT-SIL at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

ps. also say my sub the mordaunt short 308 can do 80 watts rms and say down the line i get speakers that do 150 watts rms will my speakers cancel out the sub (cant hear the bass because the speakers are loud) if so is it worth me getting the expensiver sub the mordaunt short 309 that is 150 watt rms the same as the speakers

Hello, I would personally try and get the Mordaunt Short 309 AVANT unless money is truly tight and you can justify the bass produced... what are your mains? try positioning the sub in the corner or settle it by a wall... if its already set in optimum placement and you're still not satisfied, try to return and save up! may i ask, what country are you in??
EDIT: Or if i look at the link a bit more, The United Kingdom?

yeah the united kingdom, basically my pc setup is a desk with my pc by the wall and a bookshelf cabinet side of the desk i ahve my bookshelf speakers either side of my monitor and my sub bottom of desk by wall

No, it will not cancel it out. Think about it. My home theatre set up is 7 Towers, with one Bass (6 Inch) one Midrange (4 Inch) and one Dome Tweeter, each Tower receives a 150W Rms Supply, and its amped. The Sub, is 150 Watts. But You can still easily here and feel the bass coming from it.

I could help you choose a sub. (although you should REALLY listen to EricB and Crysalis)

But first, do you want pure power and oomph. Or perfect audio finess ? :D.

Or a bit of both ?

[EDIT] :

Right, this is the Subwoofer i reccoemend you save up for. Seriously try and save up.

Acoustic Energy Aegis Neo Sub

Just £310 :D

If you can't afford that, this is the next best thing for sound quality and power (I Own one, its sounds VERY VERY VERY Good)

Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo Subwoofer

£180 :)

Post back here or PM me because i dont check this section much if you want more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom