Getting my Gigatubes / Subwoofers working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, thanks for you advice, Ive taken a few pictures below - I only have a webcam so the quality is pretty low

backtx7.png

There are two wires that come out of each top speaker, one blue and one red.

wooftm9.png

If you can see a little in the image above, I have the two cables in each top speaker both put into one speaker connection in the main subwoofer. This seems to have made the speakers work but not the speaker woofers or gigatubes. Would a reciever do the trick and what one would you recommend?

Thanks,
Stuart

Hello, thanks for you advice, Ive taken a few pictures below - I only have a webcam so the quality is pretty low

backtx7.png

There are two wires that come out of each top speaker, one blue and one red.

wooftm9.png

If you can see a little in the image above, I have the two cables in each top speaker both put into one speaker connection in the main subwoofer. This seems to have made the speakers work but not the speaker woofers or gigatubes. Would a reciever do the trick and what one would you recommend?

Thanks,
Stuart

ok the 2nd pic is black. which speaker is the gigatube?

You can't unless you get more equipment. That black sub box filters out the low frequencies so that it can have the sub sound and only sends out the higher frequencies for the speakers.

Also, you edited your post for "grammer", now change it to "grammer" and spelling because it's correctly spelled "grammar" ;)

I thinking that this is the problem. your high pass filter from the amp is being offset by the low pass filter in the box for the top speaker (I assume to be the gigatubes) so it probably on yet you aren't hearing it.

you need a receiver or amp that doesn't have an active crossover in it to push it. the receiver can run the whole top speaker or just the sub part

The first image is the speaker with the woofer and gigatube.

Thanks for your help guys, where would i be able to get a cheap and good receiver?

Cheers,
Stuart

I do have a halfer ta 1100 amp, that I'm not using. I'm asking 55 dollar plus shipping for it. I was going to put it on craiglist

POWER To Go

hafler1.jpg

hafler.jpg

Hafler1-1.jpg

cool, seems a good deal although I know basically nothing about amps or receivers. If i get enough money sometime and you still have it, I may be interested - but till then thanks for all.

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom