Getting my Gigatubes / Subwoofers working

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartyc

Solid State Member
Hello, I am quite the PC audio newbie so I've come to this forum for any advice available. Recently I bought a new 5.1 surround sound system for my PC. I changed 2 of the default speakers I got with the set to larger, more better ones imo :)

speakers1si0.png

They connect to my sub woofer:

subwooferwh6.png

speakers2zp6.png

Shes a bit dusty but it works fine :cool:

The problem I have is that all the speakers work fine, but the giga-tubes and the other sub woofers based inside the larger speakers do not work. What do I need to do and or buy in order for the Giga-Tubes and sub woofers in the large speakers to work?

Thanks,
Stuart :D

You can't unless you get more equipment. That black sub box filters out the low frequencies so that it can have the sub sound and only sends out the higher frequencies for the speakers.

Also, you edited your post for "grammer", now change it to "grammer" and spelling because it's correctly spelled "grammar" ;)

Thank you for your quick reply, what all pieces of equipment do you think I would need?

Cheers,
Stuart

Its a sub I got with the 5 speakers. Its an Altec Lansing model, the sub itself is very good but the overall set will be much better if i can get the sub's and giga-tubes in the top speakers to work.

Thanks,
Stuart

even if you did get em to work, i don't know if the amp in the woofer itself would be able to put out enough power to work those things

ah right I see. What would be required so that I could even test them to see if they work?

pluggin them into your sub should worked.. cuz i've tried out different speakers w/ the sub on my z-5500's

have you tried those speakers anywhere else?

the actual speakers work fine when plugged into the sub but the giga-tubes and woofers in the speakers just dont want to work lol

I cant try them anywhere else really so im kind of stuck :D

take picture of the back of each speaker, so I can understand how they work.

it looks like you need a receiver to power the top speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom