Getting better "Over the Air" reception?

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
I'm unable to get cable, and have yet to find a satellite company that will give me service, as I live in an apartment building. So, for the time being, I'm stuck with over the air broadcasts. I'm having some trouble picking up all the available channels. I get 4 out of the 12 available digital channels. The channels I do get, cut in and out every once in a while too. I live 9 miles from the nearest broadcast antenna. I have an indoor (apartment complex) amplified antenna. It's sitting right next to my huge glass doors that go out to my patio. It's a VHF/UHF antenna. I have a built-in digital tuner in my television. My mother lives 50 miles from the nearest antenna, and picks up EVERY channel... Although, she has a huge outdoor antenna, that stands around 10-13ft tall. I ordered a line amplifier online, so I'm waiting for that to be delivered, although I bought it over 3 weeks ago... Any thoughts on what I could do to get better reception?

I'm not overly sure, but I think it's just the quality of the indoor bunny ears.
I tried hooking up an indoor antenna (I'm about 50 miles away) and could not pick up a single digital signal.
About 40 miles away with a huge...i dunno 25ft outdoor I can pick up all stations no problem.

My boss recently bought some flat panel outdoor antenna's and can pick up Ohio stations (In Ontario, across from Detroit).

The amplifier might do some justice though (according to the sales guy) but we opted just to hook up cable instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom