Garbled and Ringing??WTF???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musjunk22

Daemon Poster
While playing my favortie FPS's(CS:Source), this also happens in other games, I start to hear a ringing noise, it just keeps going and going, almost like feedback from the mic but I muted my mic and it still happens, following the ringing I hear mixed/garbled sounds from a different map than what i will be playing(ie. I can hear de_dust on de_italy w/ italy sounds still playing). What is going wrong with my comp? My ears are going to pop if I continue to listen to this:eek:.

Also I tried muting each channel on my sound card until the sound went away and it happens to be the Wave/MP3 channel creating the noise. Is something wrong with my ram? or programs since it is loading sounds for no reason? This only happens while playing games, does it have something to do with Directx and Directsound(something like that)?

it's not your memory. it's the soundcard creating that. I've had that happen once and I had to wait for them to fix it with a newer sound card driver. this also caused my games to stutter. did you install the latest drivers from the official website of your sound card manufacturer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom