Gaming Headset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends, do you prefer clarity of sound, and the ability to hear the subtleist of noises ? or bad quality with speakers that strugle when they have to play lots of different sound simulataneously - but have directional surround sound ?

If you prefer clarity of sound, and using the intricate detailed sound to help you survive and kill (i prefer this) then get some Sennheiser HD555 * Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD-555 Audiophile Headphones: Electronics * or search around for some Sennheiser HD280pro's

Or if you prefer bad sound but good direction to tell where your enemy is coming from better, ive herd these are good >Amazon.com: TRITTON AX51, True 5.1 Hardcore Gaming Headphones, Analog Connection for 5.1 sound cards.: Electronics

I take it you have a 5.1 soundcard or 5.1 onboard sound ? you will need it for the gaming headphones. The other ones with need a 6.3mm to 3.5mm connector and just plug into a stereo jack.

I use these, Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD650 Audiophile Open Dynamic Stereo Headphone: Electronics ... so if you feel like splashing out, you will find them excellent.

500 bucks for headphones? sheesh.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/headsets_microphones/devices/2986&cl=us,en
probably sound just as good while playing a game. 50 bucks. and i think thats expensive. i have a set of logitech that cost me like 35 dollars and i think they work mucho well.
of course i think oreo is quite the audiophile, so he probably has higher standards for sound than most others (especially me...500 bucks for headphones!?!?). nothing wrong with that.

i want these :: Astro Gaming :: Product Detail :: A40 Audio System :: i couldnt justify spending over 250$ tho for cheap i recomend these.
Information - SteelSeries
or
Information - SteelSeries
they use the same speaker in both they just look diferent and have been rated with the best sound quality under 100$ all over the market. they used to be icematt siberia but steel sereis boguht them out.
the red ones are also available in black and white. and can also be usb instead of the regular audio jack.

Sennheiser hd-280 with a separate Mic would be better than other headsets for the price

Places carry those for like $80

Headphones do make a difference nagasama.

If youve never used a real set, then you cant tell.

But just some HD280pro's (can be found for $100 and below) will amaze you at how good they sound.

i've had several pair of sennheiser headphones. music = difference. COD4 = not enough difference to justify 470.00, if any. just my opinion. i dont listen to music through headphones anymore, and i rarely use my headset. i usually just blast it through my desktop setup.
im just saying, you would have to be a true audiophile to spend that kind of money for headphones. because if not, you're an idiot (not you oreo). joe blow cant tell the difference.

I didnt get HD650's to game, there just exceptionally good for games too ;) (and so they should be)

Also, i only paid £180 and not £250 (amazon rips you off on Headphones..)

Yeh, some HD280's will be great for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom