Gaming Console on a PC Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protoform

Beta member
I recently bought a TV Wonder Pro TV Tuner card and after wrestling with Windows and the MMC all day, I got it all up and running with a PS2 hooked up to it. It doesn't look half bad with the S-video input, unfortunately there are some response time issues. I'm testing it out using Devil May Cry 3 and theres noticeable lag between when I tell Dante to jump and when he actually does. By turning off the Best Video Quality option, performance does improve but its still not quite dead on. My question is this:
Are there any windows/videocard options I can tweak to further increase the response time with my PS2?

Well, I've done almost the exact same thing, except I hooked a gamecube up. There wasn't any noticeable lag at all, which surprised me. However, one thing that I am doing differently is that I'm running it through RCA and not s-video. I'm not sure if that's a big issue, though it may be. Another thing you may consider is making sure you have up to date drivers and that your system can handle it. I'd try it with another game too, just to see what happens, though that shouldn't be the problem at all. Anyways, hope that sends you in the right direction!

This is a shot in the dark, but the software you're displaying the picture on isn't buffering the signal for the sake of timeshifting, is it? Enabling timeshifting or similar features for television will usually mean you're watching at a 2-3 second delay.

Edit: Whoops, didn't notice this thread was a couple of weeks old. Perhaps josuem didn't, either? ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom