Functions of a DVD-R disc for recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.
duzkt said:
What do you mean by DVD recorder?

What we have is a DVD player, with which you can record on to both DVD-R and DVD-RW. So, once you've filled up a DVD-RAM, would you just be able to play it back by plugging the camera into the TV and recording that onto a blank DVD-R directly?

Also, once you've done that, can you then just delete everything on the DVD-RAM disc and re-use it all over again?

yes, hook the camera up to the dvd player that can record the dvd-r and -rw or you can use a computer to do it

Thanks for the help EricB, I really appreciate it, and it saves us a lot of trouble.

I just have one more question--and I swear it's the last :p. With DVD-RAM you can record both video and still images. So if you have both types of media on a single DVD-RAM disc, will that cause problems when trying to copy the video data over to a CD-R? Would the still images just need to be deleted from the disc before copying the video data?

you going to have problem copying dvd data to cd-r because of size (700mb as oppose to 4700mb on a dvd) and if it is a dvd movie, it won't play on anything but a computer (a dvd movie copy to cd without converting it to vcd is called a mini dvd and they hardly play on anything). you with need to copy the the file to a dvd-r or dvd+r.

if the still images are recognized on the camera, they should copy over.

Sorry, I meant DVD-R not CD-R. That was just a typo. But thanks for all your help, and Jamil too. That clears things up, and we'll probably stick with the camera we've got now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom