First decent audio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebleakness

Banned
I currently have just a normal two speaker stero system and they suck. For xmas, my parents said that they would get a nicer system. I dont think i will need something powerfull like the z5500s so i was looking at these z-530 And then getting a pair of 5.1 headphones. I just need the logitechs so that i can listen to music and movies with friends and such. How would these sound with the onboard sound on the DFI Lanparty Ultra-D? I cant afford a sound card at the moment but when i can i will buy one. Thanks for the help.

These are a lot more expensive and also have less speakers, in my opinion, these things rock the logitechs
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836119101

My dad has them and they are the most kick ass quality I've heard in my life.

If your on a budget though, the logitechs will serve you good, really good in fact, I'm just saying if you want some top notch speakers, kilspch is the way to go.

For headphones I'm buying these babies
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836508101

My friend is offering to sell me his z-5500s for $140. I dont really want a super high end system because i will prolly use the headphones more offten anyways. How would those sound/work with the DFIs onboard sound?

Those would sound nice, but getting a sound card would make it even better. You probobly know this, but on board sound isn't the greatest, and you should invest in a sound card, it even gives you a few extra FPS in game.

I would like to get a sound card but im poor after buying my computer. :( Would it help if i went to staples and bought an el cheapo sound card to hold me till i get an x-fi or something? Have you tried out those headphones that you linked? Thanks for the replies.

thebleakness said:
I would like to get a sound card but im poor after buying my computer. :( Would it help if i went to staples and bought an el cheapo sound card to hold me till i get an x-fi or something? Have you tried out those headphones that you linked? Thanks for the replies.

To tell you the truth, no it wouldn't help to get a cheapo. If you get a X-FI get the extreme music one, you don't need to blow 200+ on a sound card that you won't notice the difference on, it's unnecessary. Even I'm waiting to get a sound card, when I get 100 bucks to spare, I'll buy a soundcard, but until then, I'll be fine. About the headphones, no I have not tested them, but they look the best in my budget, and they have good reviews on newegg.

hope this helps.

Yes that helped, thank you. Do you have any tips when looking for headphones? Id like to get them here in town but i dont really know what to look for. Once again, thanks for helping me.

get an X-Fi XtremeMusic and a set of Logitech X-530's. that would be a really nice set up because for under $100 the X-530's are the best AND it would be surroundsound. So it would be a nice system and it wouldn't break the bank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom