A few burning questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

screwy

Solid State Member
Hello,

I have made music CD's in the past with ease.

I have yet to take the time, and learn how to burn a movie or video yet though.
I have a full movie on here, I think its in AVI format.. firstly how can I be sure of the format?
To be honest, It's War of the Worlds.. I got through Azureous. It's a "Merciful release"...

I went and bought DVD + and - R's today, I have a drive that supposedly handles these, plus double layer R's RW's and so on.
I have Nero xpress preinstalled on this machine, but I dont think that allows DVD burning.
I tried Using Windows Movie Maker, to see how far I could get. When I try to import the movie I get a missing codec error.
I can watch the movie on wmp as probably any other player.

I'm also downloading at the moment, A British series "The Prisoner"... I'd really like to master the art of making my own dvd's.
Can anyone help me?

Hey Dude thank you,
Will that also sort out any codec issues I may run into?

Ok I just used used Deepburner, (wow that was fast).

I think I made a coaster though, The disc plays on my PC but not my dvd player. I think I need a converter, The movie is xvid/divx I believe. So I thank you for the codec link, now i just need one more for a good converter.
Thanks for the help!

Ah nevermind, are those converters I see on freecodecs webpage...ty

Most DVD players will NOT play AVI files. Even my DVD player, which is brand new, won't play AVI files.

You will need to decode that file to MPG.

Hey,

Ok well I downloaded "WinAVIVideoConverter" used the convert to DVD option.

I now have a DVD_01_1 file, and inside theres an Audio_TS folder(wich is empty).. and a video_TS folder with a few files in it.

Did I do this right? What would be the next step? I greatly appreciate the help sp far!

now it needs made into an iso and burned

really best way to do this is convert the original file into a dvd compliant mpeg2 and then use an authoring tool like dvdstyler to make the menu's and dvd file and iso

http://www.videohelp.com/tools

ok I'm almost there.

I used "Folder2Iso_v1.3".
then used "ImgBurn" (a program by the author of "DVD Decrypter").

I used a DVD-R and chose write speed 8x in ImgBurn.
It actually said it was writing at like 5.6x though.

When I play the DVD it plays, but its like the sync is off and the frames are rolling really fast. It also has no color.
The sound is perfect.

Could this be the write speed? My drive documents say I can burn a DVD-R up to 16X.

Please help.

not likely, synch problems are cause it wasnt converted to mpeg2 properly or the source was bad to begin with---quite common actually that the program used doesnt keep the audio synched right, has nothing to do with the burning process at all

go back to videohelp.com/tools and search for guiffmpeg or gui4ffmpeg, use that to convert it to mpeg2 with either mpeg2 or ac3 audio, make sure you pick the right format NTSC or PAL depending on where you are(NTSC is for north america), also make sure the aspect ratio matches and correct if necessary

the result will be a dvd compliant mpeg2, run that thru dvdstyler and make an iso and burn that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom