Eric/Oreo, help plz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S0ULphIRE

Golden Master
I've decided to get some proper headphones/earphones. I just have one question, which one is better?
Pretending that everything except for the quality of the sound doesn't matter, which should I choose? earphones or headphones? I'm looking for good, clean coverage across as many frequencies as possible, noise cancelling abilities (overall quality, you get my drift)
?

For in ear earbuds, Any Shure,Ultimate Ears, Etymotic are the top 3. Shure have a warm sound, Ultimate Ears and Etymotic are flatter.

For headphones, Any headphones over the $100/$120 from these brands are all very very good: Sennheiser, AKG, Grado, Allesandro, Denon, Audio Technica, Beyerdynamic.

The lot all sound awesome ^^. Some models are better than others, and each brand sounds really quite different. Tell me your budget and the type of music you listen to, whether you like lots of bass, warm mids, etc and what you don't like - i can hit you up a good reccomendation ;)

As to your actuall question, Headphones are generally better - But both can sound very good, it comes down to your preference really and what you want. In ear phones have much better isolation from outside noises - but they don't sound as big powerfull and airy - they can tend to lack bass and break easier, but take that with a pinch of salt. Ive herd Shure SE530's and Triple.Fi 10's and they both blew me away, they sounded superb.

And why didn't you put ricanflow in your name :rolleyes: He probably knows more about headphones than i do :p (Although i'm not sure how many headphones he's had ?) Anyway, he'll reccomend you HD280pro's, and he's right. they sound brilliant, cheep too.

lol, yeah I though of crysalis right before I fell asleep and was like, **** I hope he dusn't log in before I do. and wow, didn't know rican did the sound stuff too. soz rican and crysalis:)

cheers for the help oreo, I think I'll probably get in ear phones. Easier storage in my bag, and less likely to get smeshed by me sitting on it.

so, um, if my price range is anywhere below $150, and I listen to basically every type of music there is, and I'd prefer not to get headphones, which brand/model should I really be looking at?

Owch, the "I listen to all music" makes it difficult :p The more expensive headphones are, the more focused they are on a particular genre of music (well so it seems) I'll have a think now, and edit my post when ive decided :)

edit1:
Okay, i have a problem. Apparently the Shure E2C's arn't very good (Shocking, as everyone loves all there other 'phones), the Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5's i think you'd like, but the stick out the ear quite a bit and people say they arn't the best built headphones around. And the etymotics have so little bass they only please people that don't like hardly any bass.

edit2:
Well - after consulting with my fellow friends on head-fi.org :)D), it seems like people are reccomending the Denon AH-C700S. I didn't think about them, But i've heard there full sized headphones and they are very very good, so i wouldn't hesitate to get these :)

Amazon.com: Denon AH-C700S Reference In-Ear Headphones (Silver): Electronics

well, I've definitely got no better option, looks like those are the chosen ones.
lol, you gained +1 kudos :)
thanks again

well, I've definitely got no better option, looks like those are the chosen ones.
lol, you gained +1 kudos :)
thanks again

Crysalis's suggestion of Shure e4c's is a good one, they sound really good - some people say they break and fall out easily though ? Maybe that's a minority :)

Take them into concideration, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom