editing software puts heavy load on CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darsunt

In Runtime
I've been using premiere pro and elements. I found it extremely easy to push CPU usage to 100% and the blue screen of death usually follows. Is this typical of editing software, or does the problem lie else where?

My cpu is Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 1.8GHz, and I have 2G memory.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro on my p4 all the time and while it uses alot of cpu, its never given me the ole blue screen.

What task in particular is hurting you?

I'd say the problem lies elsewhere. The Blue Screen shouldn't appear just because its using high cpu.

What is the error message on the blue screen?

The blue screen says
"memory management"

Then it says to check proper installation of hardware/software.

I did have some issues with driver installations (I recently assembled this computer from scratch). I had thought I had solved most of those.

I am planning to reinstall everything on a larger hard drive, carefully. Do you think that should help?

video editing is a resource hog. premiere is worst than most on hogging resources. the minimum requirements is a 3gig pro and 1 gig ram

My system has 2G ram, and a video card. I've put in a sound card, and I've upgraded to 500G on the hard drive, although I think the improvement from the upgrades will be small. My main hope is that I've reinstalled xp fresh and reinstalled the drivers properly. I had some issues with the drivers that come with the board (ASUS) such as I couldn't connect to the internet, and I'm hoping these driver issues were the worst of the problem.
editing products, such as Vegas. I would like to go super big with 4G ram, and three or four hard drives raided together, but I don't have that kind of money now.

My system has 2G ram, and a video card. I've put in a sound card, and I've upgraded to 500G on the hard drive, although I think the improvement from the upgrades will be small. My main hope is that I've reinstalled xp fresh and reinstalled the drivers properly. I had some issues with the drivers that come with the board (ASUS) such as I couldn't connect to the internet, and I'm hoping these driver issues were the worst of the problem.
editing products, such as Vegas. I would like to go super big with 4G ram, and three or four hard drives raided together, but I don't have that kind of money now.

don't use more than 3 gigs on a 32 bit machine. that's the limit. adding more will slow your system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom