Earbuds trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so are you guys trying to make horn loaded earphone?

I don't know :rolleyes: I just did it accidentally, and it had a good effect.
Why, is this basicly what a horn loaded headphone would be ? if there is such a thing.

sound quality was not as good and the volume was still a bit lower. I made 5 decent sized pinpricks and cleaned it. I did not do it to my other one so I could compare.

With that said it is 100% better than it was.

Shame, definitely far better on mine. The highs are FAR more apparent, in a good way.

I am definitely going to try this with my cx300.

Okay, but be carefull. I'm not sure i would do it if there is nothing wrong with them in the first place, up to you i guess.

it create a chamber to process sound which in effect will increase it's efficiency. you lose your low end response but earphones don't play 20 Hz anyway and the bass can sound louder at a higher frequency that a earphone can really play

Kind of seems to be what's happened. Yet the highs are defintely better, i think that cloth really covered up the higher frequencies.

Glad it worked for you Kmote, So, just volume increased ? or does it sound better too ?

I've had to do this on earbuds before, because some ear wax totally blocked up the small hole in the cloth. It worked great at first, but eventually the cloths just kept getting looser until they just came out and the headphones are bad now. Do this only if needed, and be careful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom