DVR to Ipod Video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chip00

Solid State Member
I am buying an Ipod Video this week. I've been reading up on options I have to be able to record a TV show directly from the TV and get it on my Ipod. Last year I had an RCA Lyra MP4 player that hooked right up to my Comcast DVR so I could record movies off of On Demand or Digital Cable. I know Ipod does not hook directly to AV jacks to record right from the TV. I've been looking into getting a TV Tuner for my computer, but the only problem is, I would like to record movies and shows off of Comcast Digital Cable (which is in the basement, and I am on the 2nd floor...). Is there anything I can buy that I could possibly record it in the basement, then take it to the computer upstairs to put it on my Ipod? Or is there something easier I can do? What do you guys do to get TV shows from TV to Ipod? Also how do you get DVD movies to your Ipod?

chip00 said:
I am buying an Ipod Video this week. I've been reading up on options I have to be able to record a TV show directly from the TV and get it on my Ipod. Last year I had an RCA Lyra MP4 player that hooked right up to my Comcast DVR so I could record movies off of On Demand or Digital Cable. I know Ipod does not hook directly to AV jacks to record right from the TV. I've been looking into getting a TV Tuner for my computer, but the only problem is, I would like to record movies and shows off of Comcast Digital Cable (which is in the basement, and I am on the 2nd floor...). Is there anything I can buy that I could possibly record it in the basement, then take it to the computer upstairs to put it on my Ipod? Or is there something easier I can do? What do you guys do to get TV shows from TV to Ipod? Also how do you get DVD movies to your Ipod?

google the Neuros MPEG-4 Recorder

i had an ipod video, and it was too restricting. if i were you, i'd get an iAudio A2 (or the Cowon A2, same thing)

it has a wayy bigger screen, better battery life (10 HOURS!), you dont have to use itunes, it mounts as a usb mass storage device, and it records as well, meaning you wont need the neuros mpeg4 recorder, and it will just BE on your PMP immediately, no transferring.

but if you want an ipod thats fine to, the mpeg videos that the neuros records will play on the ipod.

cheers

and there are a number of ways to rip DVDs into "ipod format", just google it, it will be easy to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom