DVD shrink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice8168

Baseband Member
Ok Ive read everywhere that all I have to do is open the disc and burn to another. Ive read as many walkthroughs as I can find and Im still having problems.

Im trying to backup some discs and the disc opens just fine, DVD shrink kicks out my disc. So I load a black disc and continue. About a minute later the program ends saying that its an illegal disc and I have a nice new coaster.

Anyone offer any input. I know this can be done.

um

So you have already made a backup copy using dvd shrink?

if so you should have an ISO image or a DVD folder on your computer.

If what you are trying to do is burn a DVD, you should use a different program (dvd shrink uses nero if you have it installed). Go directly to nero and burn the ISO from there. Or use whatever other burning software that you might have.

*make sure the ISO or folder will fit in your blank DVD.

Well Ive tried that also and Nero fails when doing that also daying illegal disc.

yeah, afterdawn.com is the best for everything related to video imo, that's the first place i go when i need help with dvd burning etc

Thanks for the help. Ive gotten a few burns now that work good. But I still have a question.

When I attempt to open some of my DVD's in DVD Shrink I get the following error message"

DVD Shrink encounted an error and cannot continue.

Invalid DVD navigation structure."

Sp what can I do to get aroung this? Anyone?

Thanks for the help. Ive gotten a few burns now that work good. But I still have a question.

When I attempt to open some of my DVD's in DVD Shrink I get the following error message"

DVD Shrink encounted an error and cannot continue.

Invalid DVD navigation structure."

Sp what can I do to get aroung this? Anyone?

Yes...some movies have new "protection" in them so you can't back them up. LOL, just get a hold of ripit4me, dvd shrink, and dvd decryptor and you'll be set!

You could get errors with some discs - some that are too scratched or others with advanced copy write protection.

AnyDVD is a good program that releases new versions like every week to keep up with the movie industry's protection. It removes the protection and then sets up a virtual drive. Sometimes when DVD decrypter fails I'll run AnyDVD and then image the DVD to my computer using Magic Iso and then use DVD shrink.

Ok thanks for all the help. Ive got everything working correctly and burning is a snap.

One more question;
Once Ive ripped the DVD to my hard drive as a video_ts file is there any way to play it on the computer in that format?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom