dvd scrambled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
hi, i was testing my DVD burner by trying to copy phonebooth full screen, i used alcohol 120% to do the cloning, the copy went fine, but when i put the DVD in my computer its all scrambled, all pixelated in certain areas(more than normal) and i think this is a copy protection deal, so...is there any program similar to alcohol 120% or freeware that will clone DVDs without being scrambled that i can download easily on 56k? preferably 4 MB or less, thanks in advance.

Assuming you legally own the Phone Booth movie, try using dvdshrink (dvdshrink.org) to decrypt and compress your movie. remove all extras except for the main movie and remove all sound tracks except 5.1 english. you want to keep the bare minimum (lowest compression) so you don't lose too much quality from the original since a recordable dvd is 4.5GB and hollywood films are on 8GB capacity dvd's. if you have nero installed you can also use dvdshrink to copy your movie, otherwise use any disc burning software like nero or easy cd creator to make a video DVD.

I use DVD X COPY to back up DVD.
It just get the movie, but when i am lending out discs to freinds, that all they really need.

ya use dvd shrink.....it's the best so far and suports burning with nero........it should work....i've backed up alot of my dvd's and they all work fine:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom