DVD-RW Problems :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexis

Beta member
I bought a £2.5k PC a couple of months ago and it has a Lightscribe DVDRW but i cant get the **** thing to write anything to the disks i have.

First i tried that Power-ISO program to Burn image thingys onto DVD but it wont work.

Then i used the normal Windows Vista software to try to add a Video file to a Disk (drag and drop) and it doesnt work neither.

Last thing i tried was to install the Nero program and try that and it seems to work until it gets to 84% finished and then it says there is a problem and it cant continue.

Ive tried to use the format option from the Drive icon too and that says its formatting and then 5 mins later says there is a problem.

I am using Maxell 4.7GB DVD-RW disks on a LITE-ON DVDRW LH-18A1H ATA.

The only thing i can think now is i have the wrong disks and there not compatible with my DVDRW although i can record TV fine with them disks on my DVD recorder and play them back on my PC.

Is it wrong disks or is it ME who is doing something wrong?

What do you mean it doesnt work? There should be a error message or something? Make sure your using the right discs but apart from that your drive might be broken. But its definitely not a Vista problem. I have Vista and burning discs is a breeze.

Sounds like it's a Hardware problem, Take it back the manufacturer and get it fixed. Just a thought though what is the brand of disks you are using? Have you tried to use them on another comp? I only mention this because my lightscribe Doesn't like Mr.DVD brand disks for some reason and it refuses to burn them.

Power-ISO says:

Media Detected DVD-RW
Preparing Media
Writing Media
Burning Failed (-109)

Using the drag and drop with a vid file in Vista it says that its writing the data files to the disk and 25 seconds remaining for about 5mins then it says there was an error while burning the disk and that the disk might not be usable. Ive tried every disk i have and they all do that.

When using Nero it says a similar message after its been stuck at 84% for 5 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom