Dvd+rw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link68759

Baseband Member
I recently bought a packet of 15 DVD+RW from Fujifilm, and I'm not sure about the rest of the DVDs, but the first four I've tested have some sort of wave on the bottom, and I'm not sure if I can successfully write to them or not, but no matter what program I try to erase them with I get errors. ImgBurn, Nero 6, etc. Is there a way to fix this or are they a bad batch? I've tried emailing Fujifilm but their site is slow, they don't have an immediantly clear contact address for defective products so I'm not sure if I even mailed it to the right location, and I haven't gotten a response yet (it's been two days). I purchased them while on vacation, so going back to the same store is out of the question. Would a store that sells the same product take these back?

depends on the ring of stores you purchased them from and if you keep the receipt. I know the plight working at a retailler here that actually getting product back is a real pain. I don't know of any real way to 'repair' disk, some of the time an entire batch can be defective. Have you tried burning them/writing to them on another ones computer? I would try that, then i would try contacting the store you bought them from about return policies.

This "wave" you referred to... is that a wave like when data is written on the disc? If not, then you won't be able to erase anything, obviously, since there isn't anything there.

actually this wave does look like data written...
imgburn log

I 03:43:11 Device: [0:0:0] BENQ DVD DC DQ60 MREC (D:) (ATA)
I 03:43:11 Media Type: DVD+RW (Disc ID: DAXON-D42-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)
I 03:43:11 Quick Erase: No
I 03:43:11 Erasing Disc...
W 03:43:17 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (0/4) - Write Error
E 03:43:21 Failed to Erase Disc - Write Error
E 03:43:21 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:00:10

fujifilm contacted me and said they'd email me something to print out and mail the dvds back to them, then they would give me a new batch with shipping paid, so i guess thread resolved. I'll add a picture to this post though so you guys can see the bottom of the dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom