dvd -r or +r

Status
Not open for further replies.

yosemitebil

Beta member
hey now ya'll,
I'm new to the forum and I tried a search for this but didn't get an answer.
What is the more universal, versital, BEST format.......
-R or +R for burning DVD's?

thanks in advance , bil (-

when buying blank DVD's look at the prices. plus media is about 50-100% more expensive, thats your biggest difference

+r can be played by more dvd players. It just has more compatability. I'm sure both are fine though.

A while ago, Microsoft released a topic in PC WORLD saying that they would be investing all of their time in making +R an incorporated format for future Windows operating systems. This was a big bust for -R manus. However, now they are totally doing a 180 and are going with -R.
In addition, I had just purchased, yet another, laptop. I was only able to burn with -R media. Just goes to show that at least Microsoft and 321 Media both agree. -R is the way to go.

-Mike

Thanks everbody,
it looks like -R is coming out just slightly ahead ( although just slightly ) and they are cheaper where I've looked, so I guess I'll go with that for now.

I work at Staples, and both are equally priced. When the +R's go on sale, so do the -R's. In fact, I have no where seen a price diffference. As previously stated, +R is more universally compatible, sort of. The older DVD players use +R Tech. and sometimes will not read +R's. But the same is not vice-versa. If it can read -R's, and can read the +. A good way to think about it is the difference between FAT and FAT32 file systems. FAT came out first, and worked. But they developed 32, which works so much better and stuff. Think of it in those terms or some like terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom