DVD Movies and Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ddan

Beta member
I am increasingly using my PC to watch DVD movies on.

My graphics card is a bit dated and I am curious as to whether the graphics card has any influence on the viewing quality. Or are there other components that are important (apart from the obvious sound card and speakers).

Thanks
Ddan

Id think your codec's having latest builds would help also.

Looking at you rpost thoguh you mean bought/rented movies.

Here is the thing on DVD video for your PC. If you are running a DVD decoder card, or a video card with the DVD codecs built in, then processor speed play nothing in it. If on the other hand, you are running a software decoder, the processor takes a huge part of the role. If you are running anything under 600Mhz, software is not the way to go. If you are over 350 Mhz, and have a hardware decoder, you will be fine.

Good Luck

Ddan said:
I am increasingly using my PC to watch DVD movies on.

My graphics card is a bit dated and I am curious as to whether the graphics card has any influence on the viewing quality. Or are there other components that are important (apart from the obvious sound card and speakers).

Thanks
Ddan

The video card should have (N America term)s-vhs out and the tv the same in and 1024 x 768 res.The sound card should support dvd Dolby Surround,or maybe you have audio out.
It still won't be as good as a PC monitor.It's mostly good for games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom