DVD files and image help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitsu3kGTVR4

Baseband Member
I understand how to extract .vob and .ifo files from a dvd but how do you create an image from those files?

Mitsu3kGTVR4,

Nero , use the imagedrive in nero to make a DVD image. You 'll get a .iso or .nrg extension image.

hhmmm thanks for the help... i tried both and nero seemed to be easier. DVD-Video compiler works great, but the total size of files i have is 7 gigs... Any way to fit that on a 4.7 gig DVD?

Mitsu3kGTVR4,

I dont think so, where does the remaining 7-4.7 GB = hmm.......4 ....5 .... oh damn ..forget it... where does it do then? lol

i think i found a way to do it... haven't tried yet though

there's a program called dvd shrink

it allows you to either compress the actual movie degrading the quality a little bit depending on if you're going from 7, 6, or 5 gigs to 4.7

or

it allows you to take components of the dvd out like foreign language or special features

once you take out enough i should be able to just use nero to make the dvd on a 4.7 gig disk

Mitsu3kGTVR4,

Thanks for sharing the information. I was quite looking for such a software for a long time, to backup 7GB movie DVD's into 4.7 G. So, its DVD shrink, ill give it a try then.

WOW! DVD Shrink is one of the coolest programs i've ever used!

it worked and it's so easy, and it encrypts and burns the disc for you

awesome program

nero recode will shrink the movie too (it is dvd shrink in disguise) but you have to a ripper like smart ripper or dvd decrypter first to remove the encryption.

I use smartripper to rip dvds because, dvd shrink does a horrible job ripping scratched disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom