DVD Editting Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephaniehoughton

Beta member
Hi All

I'm new so if this is in the wrong bit please dont shoot me :)

I am trying to make a dvd which contains a few different aspects so i want it to have:
* Videos
* PDF docs
* Web links

I want it to look quite professional and have navigatable menus does anyone know the best software to do this on i'm on windows 7

Any help would be much appreciated

Steph

I'm a little confused. Normally people who use edit and produce DVDs...produce movies only, with a fancy title page and those sort of stuff. You want to make a DVD but make it link to PDF docs and web links as well
confuse.gif
?

hi thanks for replying basically what i want to do is put together a dvd which has some training videos which are avi and then have the step by step pdf also on the same disk - hope thats a little clearer

Sorry but what you want isnt completely possible. Cause not all DVD Players can play .avi files, so that is the first hurtle that would have to be overcome. The next one would be if this was played on a PC and just transmitted to a TV, why would you need a DVD for it instead of just creating a Powerpoint Presentation?

You need to give a bit more back ground as to what your fully trying to accomplish and what steps will be taken with the device. Cause all you have to do with what you want at this point is to just burn a data DVD that include your videos and files and just open them up on a PC. But i have a feeling that you want to be able to do more than just insert a disk and have people randomly clicking about.

Hi

Sorry i dont think i'm explaining myself properly i basically want to burn a disk, which doesnt necessary have to be a dvd, which will work in a computer that will house training videos and their accompanying videos and some website links, it needs to have menus to seperate the different media but doesnt have to work in a dvd player as it will be going to retail stores which will only be using it in a computer

Steph

If you need to separate the various media, could you just put it in categorised folders on the DVD? Which the users would access through the file explorer on their OS.

Then it is exactly as i said:

"Cause all you have to do with what you want at this point is to just burn a data DVD that include your videos and files and just open them up on a PC."

Just burn a data DVD. That will allow you to burn all the different types of information you want on the DVD and have it open on any PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom