DVD in to DivX

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcombes

Solid State Member
Ok :rolleyes:
I have been ripping DVD's for that last 2 years, and i have use Dr. DivX and i have use everyone new DivX update that has come out.
But; I have come across a problem with it, and i don't think i can fix it.
So, does anyone know how i can encode DVDs in to DivX without using these rippers,
1. Dr. DivX
2. EasyDivX
3. FlaskMPEG

Thanks
Ross Combes

------------
My. Computer
DELL Laptop Inspiron 4150
P4 1.7Ghz
512mb DDR RAM
40g SATA 150 8mb buffer
ATI 7500c 32mb
DVD-CDRW

another way is to use DVD decrypter to rip and to encode you can use DVDx2.2 a free program to encode to DIVx, AVi, MPEG1 and 2 which is for VCD/ SVCD. both programs are free

1) Rip to HD with SmartRipper or DVD Decrypter.(abot 5-10 mins)

2) Demux all VOB's with DVD2AVI (to split out the video and AC3) (about 10-20 mins).

3)Frameserve with VFAPI (to join all the VOB's into a fake AVI, audioless, that VDub can read). (whoosh)

4)VirtualDub, Video tab, select Full Processing Mode. And in video tab

a)Filters>ADD>Null Transform

b)Select 'Cropping' (on panel) and crop out the black borders.

c)Filters>Resize (to your new size/requirements/quality/number of CD's to be used as calculated with a Bitrate Calculator)

d)Encode video (twice) in VirtualDub with Divx Pro using 2 pass) (about 3-8 hours depending on cpu/mem/film length/etc)

Note: after mucho effing about with DivX I find that using the Xvid codec gives better and more consistant results than DivX (which has an annoying habit of changing its codec on just about a weekly basis.......go Xvid its superior and more stable IMO)

5)Convert the AC3 sound file to stereo MP3 (or whatever) with either HeadAC3he or BeSweet. (around 35 mins)

6)Dub the (new) audio file onto the the new video file with NanDub. (about 4 mins)

7)Burn to CD (s) or split and burn if 2 Cd's.

8)VOILA, DVD quality DivX/Xvid on a CD(s).

For a more informative guide go here:

http://www.nanomessiah.com/dvd-backup/dvd-to-divx.html

http://www.nanomessiah.com/dvd-backup/dvd-to-xvid.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom