DVD disc FULL?? what??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlosdzv

Baseband Member
SO the problem is that in my computer where it shows your drives there is the cd/ dvd icon and it says that half of my dvd disc is all ready been used? what? there is nothing when i open it , nothing!.. it bothers me because i lose 2 gb ( 4 gb dvd) because of the supposed data that is in there.. what should i do? or just explain to me how can this be????

Easy hombre, tell me this which program are using thats telling you that half of your DVD is gone ?
Also what type of DVD disc are you using and what recording session are you doing ?
If you are only doing a one time burn, yes it will leave it half way full, if your doing a multi session it will up.
Beware though if your using a DVD+-RW disc you can erase the disc, but you are limited as to how many times it will let you do this before this is finalized and closed.

I am not using any program i just go to star, open computer where it show the list of your drives. ( the disk is in the drive btw) and its displaying 2gb left ( it's a 4gb ) so i open to see whats taking that space and there is nothing. it is a Maxell DVD + R. my optical drive is pretty decent if you are wondering is a HP dvd1270.

Alright then, it sounds like your drive is having a hard time detecing the right size on that DVD+R.
Let's do these 2 things, one find a firmware update for your drive and flash it to a new stable version.
Then I want you to atleast try that DVD+R somewhere else to make sure your not getting the same problem. ;)
Here is the link if the firmware doesn't help maybe it's time to look into a new DVD-RW dual layer burner..
I can help you find one for under 59.00, just say the word and I'll post the link...

Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion a1270d Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Thanks Mike... i hope i don't have to buy another one. i bought this one when i build my pc about 3 moths ago .

Listen I won't be able to check your post until 3pm or 4pm, since you are in the same time zone like I am send me pm via profile.
I can support you better that way if you want to, I found this just in case that DVD-RW really is nightmare.
I have it but mine was a IDE model, still works wonders bout to give it to a buddy in the morning. ;)
Newegg.com - LG Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD Burner - Bulk LightScribe Support - CD / DVD Burners
Plus it's under 21.00 so you do have options available to you, good luck carlos..

Are you sure that this disk wasnt used previously and never finalized? It could be that you had started a burn project on there and never finalized it to be used on another PC.

I am not using any program i just go to star, open computer where it show the list of your drives.
Mak, I believe he is using a new DVD+R disc, I did some research on his drive tonight, it's not as stable as it should be.
Checking out some more problems that have been reported by hewlette customers and non ones.
Thats why I recommended he give that firmware a shot if it fails like I am guessing, he needs to look into a different burner and something more stable.

He could have "files ready to be written" stored in Windows from days or weeks ago. It's happened to me before.

:) thanks to you all.. i was actually looking for new drivers in the windows update thing and i saw new drivers for my optical one i installed it and its working now.. its reading cd's normally again. thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom