DVD Burning Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianxballer

In Runtime
I'm new to DVD burning, so maybe I'm doing something stupid, but please hear me out.

I first converted my avi file to mpg (720x480, 29.97 fps). Then I used TMPG to convert to DVD format. Then I used the TMPG DVD writing tool to burn the movie to a Verbatim Digital Movie DVD+R. However when I try to play the movie on my DVD player, the movie doesn't play at normal speed. It freezes up. Lines start to show up and break down the video, so that it is barely viewable. Kinda like its retarded.

Please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong!

Maybe it's something to do with the DVD being a +. My el cheapo DVD player only plays DVD-R's.

Was the video playing fine afer you converted it and authored it to a DVD? Try playing the DVD in your DVD drive in your computer and if it works then it is most likely your standalone dvd player that is the problem. Also, if you have other DVD players, try the DVD on them and see if it is any different.
If the DVD plays bad on all of your dvd players and PC, then try re-authoring or re-converting the video.

Yea the video plays fine when its in my computer's dvd drive, but when i put it in the dvd player it starts freezing and messing up. Maybe it is my dvd player because its one of those all in ones. It's a tv, a vcr, and a dvd player.

Yea its most likely the DVD Player. The newer model DVD players usually play DVD+R and DVD-R. If you can, you might want to pick one up.

it's either media or player. how old is your dvd player?

Verbatim usually plays on everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom