DVD Burning

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg-fnp

Beta member
Trying to change VHS to DVDs. Haven't found any easy to used editing programs that do what I want so forget about editing video. All I need to do is burn my videos onto the computer and then burn the onto a DVD. I tried this and used NTI DVD maker 7 and burned to a DVD-R disc and a DVD+/- RW disc and neither played in my panasonic dvd-f85 player. Am I supposed to do something other than just burn to get them ready to be read in a stand alone dvd player? Or do I need to use another easier better program out there?

Thanks!

You have to make sure that you are burning in DVD-movie format. You cant just burn video files onto a DVD and expect them to work.

I have used ULEAD VideoStudio (I think thats it's name) to make DVD movies, and it worked pretty good, and it was also easy to use.

I also use Ulead,VideoStudio 7 SE Basic its good for video
editing and gives you a range of conversion options
(ie dv,avi,mpeg,vcd,wmv) from ur souce.

from the edited file that program produces you then need to convert it into DVD format (.VOB ??)
I use winAVI and it works great.

If you miss the step of conversion......(like me....) then it normally
won't play(DVD) or for a vcd or mpeg play in black and white.
There are alot of conversion software try their trial version before you buy....

I personally use win dvd creator.

you should burn the HD dvd folder of the movie with nero and burn it as a udf1.02 disc (dvd rom disc. the most compatable of the 2 formats as these plays in older players). if it still doesn't play burn it as udf 1.50 (dvd video disc, better for the newer players)

if it don't work, get a new dvd player

The compatible format for DVD movies is MPEG-2. Try converting the video files that you took from your Vhs tapes into MPEG-2. You can do this by download TMPG Enc and then burning. Or you could download DivxtoDVD which makes a dvd folder by converting your avi files into vob files. That program works quite well when converting files to DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom