DVD authoring/ VOB files

Status
Not open for further replies.

koit

Solid State Member
New to this game (do mostly VCD's using VCDeasy)

Just bought myself a DVDwriter that came bundled with myDVD4.5.........

I've got hold of a .vob file but myDVD isn't recognising it. Is a .vob file the same sort of thing as a .bin/cue file ?

What's the best free software available that works from .vob that I can use in tandem with my new writer ?

Any and all help much appreciated

I've tried videohelp.com but I've been scouring for ages with no real success.

Thanks

I've found this for you:

Clicky

It seems like it's some sort of multi channel data which contains both Video, audio and subtitle data.

I gues you could play it with a viewer.. if that doesn't work, perhaps you could mount it on a virtual drive? and open the "DVD" with PowerDVD?

Cheers,
EGM

If you have decoded a DVD (w/ DVD Shrink for instance) then you will be able to open a VOB file w/ Power DVD. It won't do you any good unless you have the whole DVD decoded because one VOB file is just part of a whole DVD.

Playing on my comp isn't the issue

I'd like to know how to burn the .vob files, which prog to use and how to do it please ?

Use Nero 6.6. It is the best for burning DVD's. Also newer versions of DVD Shrink (btw it's free) will decode as well as burn. But as I said before burning one VOB will just create a coaster. They (VOB files) have to all be there in order for it to become a DVD.

synergy said:
Use Nero 6.6. It is the best for burning DVD's. Also newer versions of DVD Shrink (btw it's free) will decode as well as burn. But as I said before burning one VOB will just create a coaster. They (VOB files) have to all be there in order for it to become a DVD.

people get confused on this one. you need nero to be installed on your machine for dvdshrink to use the burn feature (it use the nero software to burn in it's program).

koit said:

I've got hold of a .vob file but myDVD isn't recognising it. Is a .vob file the same sort of thing as a .bin/cue file ?

What's the best free software available that works from .vob that I can use in tandem with my new writer ?

i'm not an expert but...
maybe it doesn't recognising it because a dvd needs BUP and IFO files.
to make the files:
download ifoedit http://www.doom9.org/ (near the bottom of the download page)
open ifoedit
hit create ifo's
select the vob and check the box 'same as source'
highlight the vob
hit get vts sectors
rename the vob to VTS_01_1
burn the 5 files

Re: Re: DVD authoring/ VOB files

btv said:
i'm not an expert but...
maybe it doesn't recognising it because a dvd needs BUP and IFO files.
to make the files:
download ifoedit http://www.doom9.org/ (near the bottom of the download page)
open ifoedit
hit create ifo's
select the vob and check the box 'same as source'
highlight the vob
hit get vts sectors
rename the vob to VTS_01_1
burn the 5 files

you took me back in time

ifoedit one of the best dvd authoring software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back