Dual Monitors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus

Daemon Poster
Can someone tell me how I can get use 2 monitors for better productivity? Beedubaya said to use a DVI-VGA adapter...what is that? I have a 9800Pro so I'm guessing that it is capable of this. Can you pleeaassee post pics, especially of the DVI-VGA adapter? Thanks.

I think he mean's something like this.

CABVGA-DV16010.gif

Like this:

00000551rd.jpg

00000578mk.jpg

How would I use it? Does another monitor need that same adapter or what?:confused:

If you have dual DVI monitors than you cant do it but if you have dual vga monitors then your good. Plug the main monitor into the blue vga connector on the vid card and the second into the adapter. Then plug the adapter into the DVI port on the vid card and from there alls you have to do is configure i through the software.

Oh. I think I see the port in the back of my vid card. It's a white one isn't it?

dvi is white and vga is blue i think??? any way teh back of your card has to have 2 ports, either vga and dvi, 2 vga, or 2 dvi then just figure out what monitors youre going to use then find out it they fit, if they dont, buy an adapter

If a video card has one VGA out and one DVI out, is it necessarily dual monitor capable?

I want to set up dual monitors on my next build, but I'm not sure how to make sure I have the correct hardware. Especially since I don't have the second monitor yet.

I try to do 3 (2 flat panels and tv) at once. but my nvidia card will only let me do 2 at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom