DRM problem preventing programs from running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraph

In Runtime
I can't get my zune software to run because of some sort of DRM problem. Windows provides a solution but at the end I have to go here Security component upgrade and download the upgrade. However, no matter what I do, I can't.

I tried doing it in Firefox, the button is grayed out.
I tried doing it in IE, half a second after I go to the page, internet explorer stops working.

*boots into safe mode*
Tries again... same results.
*searches internet*
I enable all the activeX things, try again in IE, in the half second that IE works, the button is still grayed out, and then it stops working anyways.
Tries in firefox... gray gray gray!

*boots back into normal windows, posts here*

In the Security Settings....... scroll down to the ActiveX Controls and plug-ins section and ensure that the ActiveX settings are Enabled and allowed.

give that a try.

Hello,

What security software do you have. I was able to do it easily. I just upgraded mine without a hassle. So i would think that your Firewall might be blocking the ActiveX popup that comes up when you visit that site. Which is why IE freezes and then stops responding.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

That is what i have running. So that wouldnt be it. Are you trying to install the latest version of the Zune Software? Are you fully up to date with SP and patches?

Cheers,
Mak

Go to c:\Windows\Documents and Settings\All Users and rename the DRM folder. If you cannot view the folder then go into the folder view settings and make sure “hide protected operating system files” is not checked, and that “show hidden files and folders” is selected.
Now go back to that page again and click the Upgrade button. Once the upgrade is complete, the Upgrade Complete button will appear but will be grayed out. You should also see “The security components have been upgraded successfully”.
After this restart or reboot your computer.

???

he need to download the latest drm thing for his zune to work.

Seraph go to windows update pick custom and select it from the optional software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom