Does the pixel count give rough estimate of a movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
Does the pixel count give rough estimate of a movie?

For example if you have a DVD which is usually 720 X 576 which if you multiply together to get the pixel count which is 414720 which is roughly size of a DVD (4.7GB) disc in kilobytes if you multiply it by 10. This also seems to work for Blu-Ray (25GB) too which is 1920 X 1080 and get a pixel count of 2073600. I tried it with VCD but that doesn't seem to work as 352 X 288 will give 101376 which is 1.5 times more than what a VCD would hold 650MB or 700MB.

I know sometimes I just think about stuff and some of them really makes sense and some may be plain old stupid jokes or just not worth posting here lol. I wonder if anyone else had this idea or something.

This doesn't make any sense. The pixel count doesn't matter in movies. Its the format and the size it takes up per second of play. Each media medium has a different format and a different amount of movie time per space. Another factor that affects the size a movie takes up is the bitrate. Bitrate and screen size are two different things. FPS also accounts into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom